DuraBlack is CO₂ laser markable aluminium for durable, on-demand marking for harsh operating environments.
In a side by side test, DuraBlack outperforms black anodized aluminium and laser markable acrylic tape in selected applications. Composed of multi-level coating, it is available in 0.12mm or 0.5mm thick aluminium. DuraBlack can be attached to either curved or flat surfaces with adhesive, rivets or screws. It is imaged with any CO₂ marking laser to produce a durable, high-resolution barcode or human-readable image.
Use DuraBlack to ensure that your labels are readable throughout the life of your items
- Resistant to sunlight, abrasion, high temperatures, salt-spray, and chemicals
- Meets government, industrial, and military specifications
- Several attachment options are available
- Meets Item Unique Identification (UID) performance standards for resistance to weather/sunlight, abrasion, high temperatures, salt-spray, and fluid/chemical exposure
- Produces durable, high-resolution barcode or human-readable images with any CO₂ marking laser
- Integrated abrasion resistant coating reduces the need to apply a secondary protective topcoat
- Matte finish reduces reflection for combat situations
- Easy to process and produce “A” verification grade labels
- Aluminum backing eliminates potential damage from over-marking
Flexible Attachment Options
- Attachment options include 3M 350 high-performance adhesive, rivets or screws
- Available in either 0.005” or 0.020” thicknesses for adherence to either curved or flat surfaces
- Available in pre-cut blanks from several independent converters so you all need to do is mark and apply
Its balance of durability, flexible attachment options and ease of processing make DuraBlack the preferred material for on-demand marking used in harsh operating environments.
Processing takes place in these 3 easy steps:
- Step 1: Design your piece using appropriate software
- Step 2: Load and mark material
- Step 3: Cut and mount your DuraBlack part
- Sizes: 10” x 12”, 12” x 20”, 20” x 24”
- Thicknesses: .005”, .020”
3M 350 Series High-Performance Adhesive (9675 or 9485) or Mechanical (rivets)